How to Connect Soundbar to TV with Optical Cable?
Are you unsure of how to connect a soundbar to your TV? Well, there are quite a few methods you can complete the connection. You should get some ideas about the ways before you begin. Let’s make you aware of how to connect a soundbar to the TV with the Optical cable.
Why Connect a Soundbar to The TV?
Before you start, you must know why you should connect the soundbar to the TV. Let’s know it. The speaker system of a TV is the built-in type. Such speaker system makes the anemic sound to the best. But, at times when this speaker makes the worst as well as the downright unintelligible sound. To control this noise level your TV needs, help from an external device.
The external device can be a home theater system. In that case, you’ll have to place and hook up the speakers carefully. And they can make much-unwanted clutter. Indeed, you’ll want to avoid them. That’s why a soundbar is the best solution for you as an external or helping device.
A soundbar or surround bar is the product that associates a speaker which creates a wider sound field. The soundbar house left and right channels for the speaker. Thus, it incorporates the TV speaker to make the sound listenable. Soundbars are designed for Plasma, LCD, and LED TVs. They are intended to complement these TVs. You can put the device on a shelf or a table or the wall of your living room.
Connecting The Soundbar by an Optical Cable
The role of a soundbar is just simple. Its task is just to sound better than your TV speaker. Optical Cable connection is often used when connecting the components to your TV. Here, the components mean devices like the game console, Blu-ray player, cable box and so on.
Before connecting remove, the plastic or protective coverings from the optical cable. Also, you have to remove the plastic plugs that remain on the optical port of your device. Make sure to power off the devices you are going to connect. Now, have your Optical or To slink are ready to connect? Then, follow the steps below –
- Enter one side of the Optical Cable to the Optical Digital IN port. The Optical Digital IN port usually locates on the back of the soundbar.
- Now, connect the cable's other end to the Optical Digital OUT port. The location of this OUT port is on the back of your TV.
- Then, power on your device. Set the soundbar to digital in by pressing the source button. The display will show you D-IN if the setup is okay.
- If there’s no audio, tune your TV to the input where you have connected the external device.
Connecting Your Soundbar with an Optical Cable & HDMI
Some soundbars need another external device as a medium to get connected with the TV’s speaker system. In that case, you’ll require both Optical Cable and HDMI connections. By this way, you can connect more than one devices to your TV.
HDMI is used to connect multiple digital devices for example TVs, DVD, Projectors. It is an audio and video interface. It transmits the uncompressed digital data without losing any signal from analog conversion. The HDMI connections send the data like it was originally produced in the source. You will notice that your soundbar has one HDMI IN input and one HDMI OUT output. Thus you can connect any external device to your TV. Besides, you can connect the soundbar using the Optical Cable connection.
To connect the soundbar and external device follow the procedures below:
- At first, plug in the Optical Cable’s one end to the Optical Digital IN jack. The INPUT jack is on the back of your soundbar.
- Secondly, enter the other end of the Optical Cable to the Optical Digital OUT port which is on the back of your TV.
- Next, let’s connect the external device and the TV. Connect the HDMI OUT back to your external device to the HDMI cable’s one end.
- Then, join the other end of the HDMI cable to the TV to the HDMI IN port.
- Power on the soundbar and your TV. After that, power on the external device. Press on the source button of the soundbar remote.
- Now on the source to the TV to the HDMI input. So, it will transmit the audio and video signals to the TV via HDMI. Also, the source will send the audio signals to the soundbar by the optical connection.
It will be more unpleasant when your fabulous looking TV creates terrible sounds. So, you should buy a soundbar too to get the best quality sound all the time. Read the instructions suggested above attentively. And connect your TV to the soundbar and other devices with the optical cable. Let’s enjoy watching TV with better sound.